Video Marketing: Put Videos on Your Website and Attract More Visitors
What type of Video is in Your World of imagination?
Videos make websites more effective. What better way to tell a story? Even if you have a 2-minute video (the preferred video size), your video can still tell a story.
Telling stories is the current trend in websites, and the sophisticated name for this is “brand storytelling.” Throughout the ages, mankind has loved stories, and many have been passed down from one generation to the next. According to Forbes magazine and other marketing sources, brand storytelling is the future of marketing.
Big screen cinemas and television have set the stage for today’s videos. At this time, we are a visually focused society and enjoy moving pictures with sound. A video on a website is the next best thing to being there.
Statistics Support the Popularity of Website Videos
According to the website called Impact, here are some noteworthy statistics about videos:
- Every day 75 million people in the U.S. watch videos
- When you mention “video” in an email subject line, the click-through rate increases by 13%
- People watch 50% of all videos on mobile devices
- Internet video traffic will comprise 80% of all consumer Internet traffic by 2019
- The most engaging videos are videos up to 2 minutes long
Which Should You Use? YouTube or Vimeo?
The two most popular video platforms for websites are YouTube and Vimeo. Critiques of both video platforms say that deciding which one is best depends on how you’re using it. Some of the Pro’s and Con’s are as follows.
- YouTube is free, and you can upload unlimited videos. The default video length limitation is 15 minutes, but you can easily extend that limit. YouTube reaches a larger audience than Vimeo and has a community of more than 1 billion users (one-third of the Internet users). The down side is that YouTube is not a good platform for hosting private videos. Suggested videos come up at the end of the video, and you cannot disable this feature.
- Vimeo offers an ad-free video platform. Vimeo also offers a free plan. However, its limits are 500 MB storage per week and 25GB a year. Various plans have monthly rates for greater storage space and other features. Vimeo has a much smaller audience than YouTube, but even so, it reaches more than 170 million users. It has a Groups feature where users can create and participate in groups. You can keep the videos private, which is ideal for instruction video classes and paid services offered through videos. You can also limit sharing videos and share only with users you follow and password protect the videos.
Web Perseverance is an Internet marketing company. We help businesses create strategic and productive marketing on the web